Board for Corrections of Military / Navy Records (BCNR) and the Discharge Review Board (DRB)

Worldwide Military Defense

Are you looking to correct your military records?

Or remove an unjust document, such as an Article 15 or NJP record?

We understand how difficult it can be to move on with your life and career if you have uncorrected bad paper in your file somewhere along the line. We can help to easily guide you through the often confusing and time-consuming process of trying to change your military records, whether at your respective branch’s Discharge Review Board (DRB) or Board for Correction of Naval or Military Records (BCNR/BCMR).

Your military records are important. They are not only a reflection of your past service, but they can determine your future, as well. For those currently serving, your records can often affect the current and future trajectory of your career. If you’ve decided to transition to civilian life, your records can be instrumental in allowing a veteran like yourself to secure employment and a livelihood once you leave Active Duty. Your discharge characterization can also affect your civil liberties such as the ability to possess a firearm or the ability to obtain benefits from the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA).

If you’re looking to upgrade your discharge or to get other types of relief to correct your military records, normally the deadline to apply for relief to a BCNR/BCMR is within 3 years of the date you notice the error or injustice you’re seeking to correct. However, even if you are past 3 years, the BCNR/BCMR might consider your application if you can show good cause, which can be defined pretty broadly. Reach out today to find out more!

The hard truth is that sometimes, the military gets it wrong. Whether due to an oversight, an injustice, or some other type of mistake, if you are seeking to right a past wrong on your military records keep the following tips in mind:

  1. The process is not just for veterans! Current military members can apply for records corrections and other relief.
  2. Just filing the basic paperwork is often insufficient. Depending on the nature of your request, you will likely also have to write a legal justification explaining to the Board why your request should be granted.
  3. You normally only get one shot at applying – you need to get it right the first time and we can help. Contact us today – we are standing by to fight for you!

Fighting to Protect Your Rights, Career & Future. Call The Hanzel Law Firm at (843) 202-4714 today to get started.

What Our work means Our Values
  • Zealous & Ethical Legal Advocacy
    After serving on active duty, Attorney Michael Hanzel has since devoted himself to standing up for fellow servicemembers.
  • Fighting for Your Constitutional Rights
    As JAG, Attorney Michael Hanzel swore an oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. He will protect your rights and fighting for your freedom.
  • Know the Criminal Justice System Inside & Out
    Our attorneys have seen the best and worst of our justice system. They will do what it takes to navigate you through its complexities.
  • Proven Track Record as US Navy JAG
    With over a decade of experience in the military justice system, Attorney Michael Hazel has achieved outstanding results for our clients.

We're On Your Side Schedule a consultation